Monday, June 3, 2013

Summertime Swap, Hand News, & Duct Tape Graffiti!!

Host Links:

This past Friday, I had the pleasure of meeting up with fellow Blogger Danielle,  from My Life According To Me. We had been paired up for a Summertime swap hosted by three amazing bloggers, and they are all linked above. If you aren't following these girl's blogs then you should, because all of them offer words of wisdom and support for people around them. 

After exchanging a couple of emails with Danielle we decided to meet up instead of shipping the packages, because it would save us some money on shipping, and because we had a meeting point that worked for both of us. I go up to Seattle twice a week so that provided us an idea of when and where we could meet up. Unfortunately, things didn't go exactly according to plan, because my physical therapist was running further behind then she normally does. This left us both scrambling to find parking and a place to meet before Danielle had to get to work. 

It was super fun meeting her and her daughter and it was nice to get to know someone in the area. I am hoping that we will be able to meet up again soon so we can talk more. 

Like a dork, I forgot to take pictures of what I got her, because I left it in my trunk because I have a tendency to leave things behind. So if you would like to see what I got her here is her summertime swap entry and also what she got me. I do have to say the S'mores candy that she got me came at the perfect time cause I was about to break down and buy stuff to make them. I haven't had one yet, but I am going to put it into my calorie allowance here soon. 

Normally I don't participate in things like this, because I am usually that one person who doesn't get anything, but when I saw that the hosts needed one last person, I decided it was worth the risk. I am glad that I did do the swap, it helped me step out of my comfort zone, mainly walking around in an area I didn't know, to meet up with someone I had only exchanged a few emails. It was awesome though, and I am looking forward to being able to do a swap of this nature again. 

Not only was it an awesome day because I got to meet up with a fellow blogger, but it was also the first time in nearly six months that I was able to make a fist with my hand. 

Pretty sweet huh? Ya, that is a huge accomplishment because we were about to give up and have me go on disability which I did not want. So I am hoping that this means that I may not need the second surgery, but if you notice in the photo my pinky is ever so kindly trying to tuck itself under my ring finger... it's not supposed to do that. Oh, and that black stuff on my hand is kinesio tape which is pretty awesome stuff. It is forcing my hand to use the muscles properly instead of my fingers using the muscles in my arm to move. It's spiffy and it is what helped unlock my fingers and make a fist. It's not perfect but it is a fist and that is all that matters. 

These last couple of days have also been something that has rather excited me, because I realized that I am becoming more physically capable of doing things. Like yesterday I did a 20 minute workout on my Wii fit, which was sort of disappointing because I only burned 55 calories. Then I did Zumba for 30 minutes and burn 130 calories, so I think I will be sticking with Zumba for now. Though today was pretty awesome as well because I walked 2 miles in 30 mins without stopping. It usually took me that long to walk a mile and I would have to stop several times, but today I did the whole walk without stopping once to sit down. It was a pretty awesome feeling. 
As I was walking I came across something rather amusing and fun duct tape graffiti! 
I thought it was pretty cool, but the people who had to take it off the barriers seemed less than impressed. Hey, at least it wasn't spray paint they had to scrub off. 

That is all I have for today. I hope everyone is having a good day!

Sincerely,
Gypsy

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo Aboutme_zps9766dc0b.png  photo Advertise_zps7b1eaa72.png  photo Bloglovin_zps07341691.png  photo Twitter_zps6493489e.png  photo Facebook_zps2e646b7d.png  photo Instagram_zps9d9951a9.png  photo ebayshop_zps04b15cbd.png  photo Pinterest_zps27098cbc.png  photo Polyvore_zps6e911538.png  photo Tumblr_zpsb95cfa82.png